NextMove ES is a compact EuroCard format motion controller for the control of up to 6 axes of control (2 servo, 4 open loop stepper). Using the latest generation 32-bit Digital Signal Processor (DSP) and Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), NextMove ES, coupled with MINT-MT, offers a high speed and flexible motion controller.
On board I/O can be used to control many parts of the machine. This can be further expanded with either ABB's range of CAN I/O modules operating over the NextMove ES CAN bus, or alternatively, CANopen devices conforming to the standard DS401 I/O profile.
Versatile programming is provided by means of MINT- multitasking BASIC or the supplied ActiveX components.
NextMove ES is available with RS232 (or optional RS485) and USB programming ports.
· Eurocard 3U rack mount configuration
· 32-bit 120MHz Digital Signal Processor (DSP)
· 2MByte SRAM for user programs and data
· 2MByte FLASH for firmware and user program storage
· 32kByte FRAM for non-volatile parameter storage
· Controls 2 axes of servo & 4 axes of stepper, or: 6 axes of servo – when used with FlexDrive or MicroFlex in step and direction mode
· 17 uncommitted non-isolated digital inputs Programmable for hardware limits, home input, stop input and error input. 4 of the inputs can be programmed for high speed capture of position with 1 microsecond.
· 11 uncommitted digital outputs. 5V open collector Darlington Programmable for drive enable and high speed position compare output
· 24V/150mA relay output to signal system error conditions
· 2 x 12-bit uncommitted analog inputs
· RS232 (115,200 Baud) and USB programming interfaces USB drivers compatible with Windows 2000/XP Optional RS485 serial port
· CAN interfaces for I/O expansion and HMI interfaces. Can be used to provide full peer-to-peer networking capabilities with other MINT-based controllers
· Multi-tasking programming capability with MINT-MT. Number of tasks limited only by available memory
· Comprehensive move types including: linear, circular and helical interpolation; software cams; flying shears; splines, synchronization with positional offsets and virtual axes
· ActiveX libraries supplied free of charge
· Compatible with MINT-NC and HPGL